The Binky Bear London walk follows the route that Binky took in his third adventure, Binky Goes To London and you can buy a copy here. There is something for everyone on this walk. In just 90 minutes you will walk from Trafalgar Square, down Whitehall to Horseguards Parade and then out across St James’s Park. There will be plenty of wildlife to see and lots of space to safely run around in. Finally you will arrive in front of Buckingham Palace from where you trace your steps back to where you started.
All Binky Bear books have maps in them. So that you don’t have to take your lovely hardback book out with you, you can join up free now to Binky’s Muddy Paws Club and receive all our walk maps for free. Once you download the map you want, save it on your system and then print out a copy for everyone.
You may not know Central London that well and we have put together six tips to help you find your way.
Six Tips for the Binky Bear London Walk
1. Start at St Martin-in-the-Fields, cross Trafalgar Square with the huge lions and the fountains and wander down to Horseguard’s to meet Horse; he or one of his colleagues will be there every day.
2. Walk through the arch to Horse Guard’s Parade and at 11.00 each day and 10.00 on Sundays you can see the Changing Of The Guard. This ceremony takes about 15 minutes and is quite a spectacle as all the guards are in full uniform with their ‘horse-tail’ helmets and the horses are spectacular.
3. Stroll through beautiful St James’s Park, meet the squirrels and between 10 and 11 each morning, meet the Pelicans who gather by the café on the lake.
4. Go and see the soldiers at Stable Yard and then wander up to Green Park and see the huge Canada Gates where Binky squeezed under to see Buckingham Palace.
5. Cross over The Mall and back into St James’s Park and find the play park.
6. Follow the path back and over the Blue Bridge and out of the park onto The Mall and walk back to Trafalgar Square.
Snacks and Services:
There are kiosks in the parks selling hot drinks and chips etc. There are public toilets in St James’s Park and at The National Gallery.
Enjoy your Binky Bear London walk and remember to join our free Muddy Paws Club to download the maps for each location. Then let the kids lead the way as they hop, skip and jump into their own Binky Bear adventures.