Binky’s Big Adventure is set in Alresford in Hampshire and when you buy a copy of this book you have in your hands the plan for a great day out as you go on the Binky Bear Alresford Walk.
Each Binky book includes a detailed map and on your Binky Bear Alresford Walk you are going to follow this map. To save you taking your lovely hardback book with you, join up now for free to Binky’s Muddy Paws Club and you will receive free downloads of all Binky Bear walk maps and you can print a copy for everyone.
You may not be familiar with Alresford so here are some tips to get you started and to ensure you have a great big Alresford outdoor adventure.
Six Tips for the Binky Bear Alresford Walk
1. Consider arriving in Alresford on the Watercress Line and find the exact seat that Binky sat in when he first arrived with Katy.
2. Wander down to Broad Street and see The Cake Shop, The Bookshop and The Fire Station.
3. Continue down to the river – you are guaranteed to meet the ducks!
4. Picnic in the garden by the Fulling Mill – find benches and shelter here and the kids can do some safe ‘fishing’ in the little stream.
5. For a great play park, continue on the river path for about 20 meters and you will come to a gate taking you up into Albury Park. The playpark is up the hill a bit and there is a mini zip wire.
6. Go back into town and find The Flower Shop. Before you head back to the station, have a treat in one of the cafes and County News sells lovely ice-cream.
Snacks and Services:
There are some great tea shops and cafes in Alresford and you can get a cup of tea in the original station buffet. There are toilets at the station and the public toilets are on Station Road.